Building a project of this magnitude requires a strict environmental management system. Gautrain’s Environmental Status Report reflects how the challenging impact of construction on the environment is being managed. Adherence to Gautrain’s Environmental Management Plan is a requirement of the Gauteng Department of Agriculture, Conservation ad Environment. It follows from initial Environmental Impact Studies that preceded the construction of Gautrain.
The Environmental Status Report not only includes the protection of the environment during construction but also the precautionary steps taken to limit environmental impact during the design stages of the Project. Its focus is on:
- ecology of Esther Park red data plant population;
- all the water courses along the route;
- all ground water resources along the route;
- dolomitic areas within the route alignment; and
- major environmental incidents that have occurred during the review period.
Click here to view the report in PDF format (2.02 Mb)