Posted on Feb 11, 2008 in Media Releases
The Bombela team working at the Zuurfontein Kempton Park construction site, are currently preparing for the construction of the viaduct (bridge) that will enable the Gautrain to cross Zuurfontein Road. In order to continue with construction of the viaduct, Bombela will be closing a portion (120m) of the northbound slow lane on Zuurfontein Road.
The lane closure will come into effect on Monday, 11 February 2008, and will be in place until the end of November 2008. The closure will start at the Kelvin Rail Bridge and end close to the Zuurfontein Engen Garage. The lane closure will allow construction vehicles access to the construction site during operations.
Motorists are urged to follow the signage in close proximity to the site and be vigilant of the construction access lane created. Bombela has worked closely with the necessary authorities and has received approval to implement the partial lane closure.
Click here to view a map of the area affected.
For more information call us on our toll free number 0800 Gautrain (0800 428 87246).
- TEMPORARY AND PARTIAL LANE CLOSURES ON THE N1 SOUTH AT JOHN VORSTER DRIVE
- TEMPORARY LANE CLOSURES AND ROAD DEVIATION AT THE N14 NORTHBOUND NORTH OF JEAN AVENUE
- TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF WALTON JAMESON AVENUE IN HATFIELD
- CLOSURE OF OXFORD ROAD BETWEEN RIVIERA ROAD AND 8TH AVENUE
- LANE CLOSURES ON MELVILLE ROAD AND UPFILL ROAD IN HYDE PARK