Gautrain Schools Excursion Program
Terms and Conditions
How it works:
- To participate in the Gautrain School Excursion Program
("Program"), interested primary and/or secondary schools must
complete registration either on the Gautrain website https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/schooltravel or
by submitting a manual application form that can be obtained upon
request, and which should be returned to Gautrainexcursion@Bombela.com
- Within two to four (2-4) business days of completing the
registration or application, the school will receive an e-mail
with a cost estimate for their tailor-made school excursion.
- Proof of payment must be received at least five (5)
business days prior to the school excursion, or alternatively,
customers may make an immediate payment/real-time
payment/pay-and-clear payment and send Proof of Payment to Gautrainexcursion@Bombela.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The Program is valid from 1 June 2021 - 1 June
2025. Gautrain reserves the right to withdraw, postpone,
amend, or suspend this Program at any time and for any reason
which may be deemed necessary, without prior notice. This Program
may also be amended at any time due to Covid-19 regulations as
issued by the Government of South Africa.
- This tailor-made Program is only applicable to schools
that will be traveling to their place of interest by the Gautrain
- Interested schools must ensure that their contact details
and school information have been correctly captured upon
registration. Gautrain will not be held liable for any losses or
additional expenses incurred by the school should their contact
details be incorrectly captured.
- Whilst we make every effort to reserve discount entry
fees/prices at the list of places of interest, prices may
fluctuate, depending on the place of interest. We will however
timeously inform the school of any price changes.
- Booking and payment
- Bombela will provide costs to the interested schools,
this cost estimate will include all fees for the school
excursion, which is inclusive of the Gautrain train and bus
fares and entry fees of the place of interest. The schools must
collect the monies from the scholars and make a single payment
to Bombela at least five (5) business days before the school
excursion. This will enable Bombela to make the respective
payment/s to the place of interest on behalf of the school, as
well as to make the other travel arrangements necessary for a
successful school excursion.
- Proof of Payment must be sent to Gautrainexcursion@Bombela.com at
least five (5) business days prior to the excursion.
Alternatively, immediate payment/real-time
payment/pay-and-clear payment is also acceptable and the Proof
of Payment must be sent to Gautrainexcursion@Bombela.com
at least 2 hours before the school arrives at a Gautrain
- Bombela will provide the school with confirmation of
the excursion in writing via e-mail. This e-mail will confirm
receipt of proof of payment as well as the date and time for
the school excursion.
- Please note that should the school pay more than the costs
quoted by Bombela, the onus will be on the school to request
a refund of this overpayment. Should no such refund request
be received by Bombela within a period of 60 days from the
date of payment, the school will be deemed to have forfeited
the excess payment and shall have no claim whatsoever as
against Bombela for such excess payment.
- Gautrain Train fares and Entry fees:
- Interested schools will be responsible for the payment
of the full Gautrain fare per scholar as well as discounted
entry fee at the place of interest per scholar. Visit the
Gautrain website to view fares: co.za/commuter/farecalc
- This Program will only take place during Gautrain
off-peak hours which are currently between 08h30 and 15h00 on
weekdays, but which may change from time to time. Visit the
Gautrain website to view the applicable schedule: https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/schedule.
- Consent and indemnity from participating schools:
- Schools participating in this Program shall remain
responsible to obtain consent from Parents and/or Guardians of
the participating scholars.
- Educators/caregivers will be responsible for the
scholars for the duration of the excursion (from the time of
departure from the school until the time of arrival back at the
- Gautrain Management Agency, Bombela or any of their
sub-contractors or affiliates will not be held liable for any
claim for loss, injury, illness, medical emergency, or death
arising from participation in this Program.
- By participating in the Program, the school
acknowledges and agrees that it shall indemnify Bombela from
any and all claims as described above, made by the scholars (or
parent(s)/guardian(s) thereof), and/or the points of interest.
- Bombela will not be held liable for the products and/or
services rendered by the places of interest and any queries
related to the third party's products and/or services must be
addressed directly with the respective third party.
- Cancellation, Rescheduling and Refunds:
- Standard Gautrain refund fares apply. Visit the
Gautrain website to view fees: https://www.gautrain.co.za/termsconditions
- Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance
of the scheduled date of the excursion, failing which an
administrative fee, as well as entry fees at place of
interest/s may be charged.
- Schools may reschedule a school excursion depending on
the availability of the selected place of interest.
- Schools must submit any special request/s prior to making
payment to Gautrainexcursion@Bombela.com.
- All standard Gautrain rules are to be observed at all
times. Penalty fees may be applied should passengers fail to
adhere to the Gautrain rules. Please refer to the Gautrain
website for Gautrain Travel Rules: https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/generalinformation.
By participating in this Program, you acknowledge
that you have read, understood, and agreed to these terms and
For any queries, please visit call our Customer Care Centre on 0800
428 87246 (0800 GAUTRAIN), daily from 05h30 to 20h00. You may also
use the LiveChat feature on the Contact Us page.
Please fill in the form below: